Updated CoVid Information Kim Deppen, RN
- All parents will be required to complete the daily COVID-19 screening form in PowerSchool by 8:00 AM.
- It is imperative that this form is filled out on a daily basis in order to ensure the safety and well-being of all students and staff. If the form is not filled out by 7:00 AM for High School and Middle School or 8:00 AM for the Elementary Schools , you will receive an email notification with a warning message asking you to complete the form by 7:30 am for High School and Middle School and 8:30 for Elementary Schools.
- If the student enters the building without the form being filled out, a two-strike system has been established by the district. The first time the form is not completed, the parent is called and the student’s temperature is checked. On the second occurrence, the parent will be called and the student will be dismissed from school.
Travel by public transportation (plane, bus, train, etc.) outside of New England will still be excluded/quarantine for 10 days from the day you return (exceptions to quarantine, if fully vaccinated or within 90 days of having tested positive for COVID). If you are traveling by private car/transportation outside of New England, you will not be required to quarantine. We ask that mitigation measures still be followed and if you should develop any potential signs/symptoms of COVID 19, that you notify us.
CLOSE CONTACT WITH A POSITIVE COVID CASE
Self-Quarantine for 10 days from last day of exposure; day one being counted as the day after the exposure. You may test on day 5-7 but be mindful that a negative result will not release you from quarantine. This recommendation was put into place to help with contact tracing, as a mitigation measure to help stop the spread.
- Clarification: It is very difficult to isolate in your home with other family members, so the last day of contact with a positive case would be the last day of isolation for the COVID-19 positive individual and the 10-day quarantine begins for family members. Family members of a positive household member may potential be quarantined for up to 20 days.
IF YOU EXPERIENCE SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
If you experience any of the above, STAY HOME FROM SCHOOL AND ISOLATE.
It is recommended you have a COVID-19 test.
If your results are positive, self-isolate for 10 days. Notify the school nurse with test results for contact tracing to take place.
You may return to school after the 10-day isolation period and symptoms have resolved without the use of medication.
If your results are negative, you may return to school when symptoms have resolved without the use of medication.
- A copy of COVID-19 results must be submitted to the school nurse prior to return to school.
SYMPTOMS AT SCHOOL
The above answer applies; students will be sent home immediately. We ask that you dismiss your child ASAP to mitigate transmission.