If you wish to submit a paper application, please complete this brochure application, include the one-page essay (200 words) decribing why you have cvhosen to pursue a college aooperative education program, and mail it to:
If integrity, determination, and courage describe you - you have what it takes to be a Horatio Alger Scholar. Our scholarships reward students who possess the character to succeed in life. We help students overcome the financial barriers of pursuing higher education. To qualify, you must have a least a 2.0 GPA and require financial assistance to attend colllege. To learn more and apply, visit scholars.horatioalger.org
The eligibility criteria to be considered for Horatio Alger National and State Scholarships are as follows:
*Be enrolled full-time as a high school senior in the United States with plans to enter college no later than the Fall semester following graduation.
*Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a bachelor's degree at an accredited no-profit public or private institution in the United States (students may start their studies at a two-year institution and then transfer to a four-year institution.)
*Demonstrate critical financial need ($55,000.00 or lower adjusted gross family income is required)
*Be involved in co-curricular and community service activities.
*Display integrity and perserverance in overcoming adversity.
Each year, the United States JCI Senate Foundation Scholarship Programs awards $1,000.00 grants awarded to graduating high school seniors in the United States, who plan to continue their education at accredited post-secondary colleges, universities or vocational schools. The number of grants awarded annually will be at the discretion of the United States JCI Senate Foundation. These grants must be used for educational expenses in the first year of full-time study.
Application deadline: Postmarked NO later than January 11th, 2019
For additional information please visit the following to retrieve scholarship information and application:
NO electronic submission will be accepted. You must be a US Citizen to apply this scholarship
************************************************************ COMCAST LEADERS AND ACHIEVERS
Comast is please to announce that the 2019 - 2020 scholarship application is now live. New this year, the program now allows students to self-nominate with no limitations to the number of applicants from each school who can apply to receive a one-time scholarship of $2,500.00.
Students are directed to the Comcast Scholarship website to learn more about eligibility requirements and the applicaton process.
Applicants to the Comcast Leaders and Achievers Scholarship Program must:
* Have demonstrated comitment to community service, outstanding qualities in character, integrity and leadership
* Be enrolled as a high school senior
* Reside in one of the communities listed on the program website
* Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two or four-year college or university in the United tates for the entire 2019 - 2020 academic year
* Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent)
* Demonstrate financial need
All scholarship applicatons materials must be submitted by December 7th, 2018 at 5:00pm. EST, in order to be considered.
High School seniors, Burger King Employees, their dependent children, spouses or domestic partners in the U.S., Cananda dn Puerto Rico can apply to receive up to $50,000.00 in scholarship awards for 2019 - 2020 school year!
High School seniors must have cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale to be eligible, and bust be active in their community through volunteering, sports, clubs and/or religious organizations.
Don't miss your chance to become a Burger King Scholar. Apply Today!!
The application period for the 2019 - 2020 school year is open from October 15th through December 15th,2018.
THE STEPHEN PHILLIPS MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP FUND, INC.
College Scholarships for the Academic Yer 2019 - 2020
The Stephen Phillips Memorial Scholarship Fund offers renewable, four-year scholarships to students with financial need who display academic achievement, a commitment to serving others (in school, the community or at home), a consistent history of part-time work, grit and passion for overcoming obstacles and/or achieveing future goals, and leadership qualities.
All applications must be submitted using the online application form!! MAILED APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED!!!
Regular Deadline: 12 noon, May 1st, 2019
Early Response Deadline:12 noon, April 3rd, 2019
Available only to high school students who have the financial aid information from the college they prefer to attend. The first 300 student to submit an application before April 3rd will received a decision before the college common reply date May 1st.
THE STEPHEN PHILLIPS MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP FUND, INC
Flavorful Futures is awarding FIVE $5,000.00 scholarships to eligible high school seniors who are planning their bright and colorful futures.
All applicants must meet ALLthe following criteria:
* Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident of the United States
* Must be a high school senior graduating between August 1st, 2018 and July 31st, 2019
* Must have a cumulative high school grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.5 on a 4 point schole (highschool/home schooled seniors).
* Must enroll for Fall 2019 as a freshman or 1st year student in part-time or full-time study at a 2-year, 4-year, college, university, trade or vocational school. The school must be an accredited U.S. institution, and listed on the official website for the U.S. Department Education.
The Semper Fidelis All American Program, sponsored by the United States Marines, is for high-achieving student -athletes in the junior class.
Students must meet these minimum qualificatons to be considered:
*Be a junior in high school
*Have a minimum 3.5 GPA
*Be active in community service
*Play a competitive team sport
*Hold a student or community leadership position
Student will be chosen based on moral character and academic performance in addition to athletic abilities.
SELECTED STUDENTS WILL RECEIVE AN ALL-EXPENSES PAID TRIP TO THE BATTLES WOND ACADEMY THIS JULY IN WASHINGTON, D.C. AND BE HONORED AS AN ALL-AMERICAN WHICH IS INVALUABLE WHEN IT COME TO RESUMES AND COLLEGE APPLICATIONS.
Deadline to apply is December 31st, 2018. For mor information and to apply, high school juniors can go to: Please Click Here
The Comcast Leaders and Achievers Scholarship Program recognizes students for their community service, academic performance and leadership skills. This year, scholarships of $2,500.00 will be awarded to over 800 students nationwide.
* Have a demonstrated commitment to community service, outstanding qualities in character, integrity and leadership
* Be enrolled as a high school senior
* Reside in a community served by Comcast and/or in one of the following NBC or Telemundo markets: Boston, Chicago, Dallas-Fort Worth, El Paso, Los Angeles, McAllen (TX), New York, Orlando, Philadelphia, Phoenix, SanAntonio, San Diego and Washington, D.C.
* Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two-or four-year college or university in the United States for the entire 2019-2020 academic year
* Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or it's equivalent)
GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship Program | The Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation & Institute
The GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship Program has been cited by U.S. News and World Report as 1 of 4 "Huge Scholarships Worth $10,000 or More" Worth Winning. According to U.S. News, "If you can land one of these awards, you'll be off the hook for a big portion of your tuition bill. In fact, you might even graduate college debt-free."
GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship Program | The Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation & Institute
Honoring the legacy and character of our nation’s 40th President, the GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship Program rewards college-bound students who demonstrate exemplary leadership, drive, integrity, and citizenship with financial assistance to pursue higher education.
Each year, the Program selects numerous recipients to receive a $10,000 scholarship renewable for up to an additional three years – up to $40,000 total per recipient. Awards are for undergraduate study and may be used for education-related expenses, including tuition, fees, books, supplies, room, and board. In addition, Scholars are invited to participate in a special awards program and receive ongoing leadership-development support.
To be eligible for this award, applicants must:
demonstrate at school, at the workplace, and within the community the attributes of leadership, drive, integrity, and citizenship;
demonstrate strong academic performance (minimum 3.0 grade point average/4.0 scale or equivalent);
be citizens of the United States of America;
be current high school seniors attending high school in the United States (students living on U.S. Armed Forces base and homeschooled students are also eligible); and
plan to enroll in a full-time undergraduate course of study toward a bachelor’s degree at an accredited four-year college or university in the United States for the entire upcoming academic year.
Semifinalists will be required to provide a recommendation from a community leader, such as a high school principal, elected official or executive director of a nonprofit organization, and must provide documentation to certify academic performance and financial need. Finalists will be interviewed via Skype or telephone by a member of the selection committee. Learn more about the qualifications of a GE-Reagan Foundation Scholar.
The Recovery Village Health Care Scholarship
The Recovery Village is dedicated to maintaining exceptional service at our alcohol and drug rehab facilities while providing unique opportunities for education and personal development. As part of this commitment, The Recovery Village is offering a $1,000 scholarship to students pursuing a medical-related course of study.
To enter to win a $1,000 scholarship, simply submit a short essay (no more than 500 words) describing why you are passionate about substance use disorder and mental health treatment. Essays can be in the form of a personal narrative with a medical perspective or focus specifically on clinical experience.
Do you have a compelling recovery story? Have you witnessed the challenges that addiction can present, or helped someone overcome substance use disorder? Share your experience and describe why you are eager to enter the health care field for a chance to be awarded a $1,000 scholarship.
A $1,000 award will be given to a student pursuing a health-related degree program. Areas of study that will be considered include, but are not limited to, counseling, social work, emergency medicine, pre-med, nursing, psychology (with a focus on addiction counseling or a substance-abuse related field). Applicants must submit an essay no more than 500 words describing why they are passionate about health care, with a focus on substance abuse and mental health. Essays can draw from personal or professional experience.
In order to be eligible for the Foot Locker Scholar Athletes program, the applicant must:
1. Be entering college in the Fall of 2019 as a Freshman at a four-year school for undergraduate degree
2. Be currently involved in high school sports, intramural sports, or community based sports
3. Have a minimum GPA of 3.0
4. Be a U.S. Citizen or permanent legal resident. (you will be asked to prove citizen ship and age if you win)
For additional information and application process CLICK HERE
Scholarship Value: $100,000.00
Awards Available: 30
Award Deadline: December 31st, 2018
Founded by technology entrepreneur and investor Peter Thiel in 2011, The Thiel Fellowship is a two-year program for young people who want to build new things. Thiel Fellows skip or step out of college to receive a $100,000.00 grant and support from the Thiel Foundation's network of founders, investors, and scientists.
What is Fellowship?
The Thiel Fellowship is a two-year, $100,000.00 grant for young people who want to build new things instead of sit in a classroom.
How does the grant work?
Fellows receive $100,000.00, spread out over two years. We do not take equity in your company.
How many Fellows do you select?
Between 20 and 30 each year
For more in depth information and the fellowship process, CLICK HERE!
SCHOLARSHIP VALUE: $4,000.00
AWARDS AVAILABLE: 27
AWARD DEADLINE: DECEMBER 31ST, 2018
The CrossLites Scholarship Contest is open to High School, College, And Graduate School students. As an applicant you will write a reflective essay (400 - 600 words) based on one of Dr. Parker's quotes or messages. Applicants will be competing against students of their level. You may enter only one essay per application a year, into the contest.
There are NO minimum GPA or test score requirements in order to qualify for the scholarship contest. Any student that is currently enrolled in a high school, college, or graduate school may apply.
If selected as a top 20 finalist, you must provide an official transcript. Failure to provide an official transcript that shows current enrollment, will disqualify you from the contest - NO exceptions.
There are three separate catergories for each: High School, Undergraduate, and Graduate Students
For more detailed information and Scholarship application please CLICK HERE
To be eligible for the $1,000.00 Harris Poll Scholarship you must be:
1. A legal resident of the 50 United States and DC who are:
2. 13 years or older at the time of entry
3. Have not won a prize in the preceding 90 days
4. NOT enployees of iGain, its parent companies, subsidiaries, affilates, related companies, andits advertising and promotions agencies, and/or the immediate families and /or household members of each of the above. Only one entry per person.
For additional information and application please CLICK HERE!
SCHOLARSHIP VALUE: $10,000.00
AWARDS AVAILABLE: 10
AWARD DEADLINE: DECEMBER 7TH, 2018
The Points College Scholarship program was created to help students win scholarships without the hassle of filling out paper applications and writing dozens of essays.
To be eligible for the Scholarship you must be:
1. At least 13 years old and enrolled or will enroll in a college or university in the United States
2. A legal resident of the U.S. or Puerto Rico
For additional information and application process pleaseCLICK HERE!!
Minimum Eligibility Criteria for the NASA Scholarship:
1. Be of Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity as defined by the U.S. Census
2. Be a citizen, national, or legal permanent resident of the United States. Citizens of the Republic of Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia the Republic of Palau are also eligible to apply.
3. Be enrolling as an undergraduate student in a U.S. accredited college or university inthe Fall of 2019.
4. Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7 on a 4.o scale (unweighted) or have earned a GED
5. Must apply for federal financial aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
6. Submit one letter of recommendation online.
For additional informaiton and additional requirements please CLICK HERE!!
The Ron Brown Scholarship honors the legacy of Ronald H. Brown through a selective scholarship program that advances higher educaiton for community-minded and intellectually gifted African Americans. RBSP competitively awards Ron Brown Scholarships four-year $40,000.00 scholarships ($10,000.00 each year) to the most talented and economically-challenged high school seniors who demonstrate a keen interest in public service, community engagment, business entrepreneurship and global citizenship - the four pillars of the late Ronald H. Brown's mission to uplift people of all raced, cultures and ethnicities- especially our disadvantaged youth. Applicants for the Ron Brown Scholarship MUST be graduating high school seniors at the time of their application.
For additional information and the eligibility requirements please CLICK HERE!!!
The THINK Scholars Program is an educational outreach initiative that promotes science, technology, engineering and mathematics by supporting and funding projects developed by high school students. The program is run by a team of undergraduate students at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and sponsored by technology companies and educational organizations. The program is open to all high school students residing in the United States. Students apply to the program by submitting a proposal for any novel science, technology, or engineering idea.
For the 2019 program, we will select up to six finalists, all of whom will receive an all expenses paid trip to MIT, as well as mentorship and funding for the projects. After the completion of the projects, three of the winning participants will receive additional scholarships.
For additional information and application process please CLICK HERE!!
It is the mission statement of the Faith Hope & Love Foundation Foundation to bring relief to children and youth suffering from poverty, hunger or homelessness and to bring them hope through faith and love, so they may accomplish all of their dreams.
Skrungloo Farm, Inc., a New Hampshire Non-Profit Charitable Foundation, is seeking applicants for its 2019 Scholarship Awards. Skrungloo Farm, Inc. is an approved 501(c)(3) non-profit organziation registered with the State of New Hampshire and the Federal Govermant. The Foundation has established scholarships in order to help individual New Hampshire residents educate themselves in order to build a stronger community. Applicants must demonstrate financial need, academic merit, and other non-academic factors such as community service, school activities and work experience. This is the sixteenth year for the Foundation's Scholarship Program. The Foundation has awarded a total of 521 scholarships in the past few years and looks forward to assisting many students in 2019.
Applications are due on March 1st, 2019. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered; no exceptions. Applications should be returned to the address listed below. Should you have any question, please contact Kristine Pries, Scholarship Coordinator or Jackie Gogolen, Assistant Scholarship Coordinator, at (603) 225-7170 or by email CLICK HERE!
The Scholarships for Military Children program is celebrating its ninetieth year of ourtreach to the military community. Each year the program, supported through the military commissary system and administered by the Fisher House Foundation, awards hundreds of scholarships to qualified seniors planning to enroll in a four-year program of studies the following fall, or to college students already enrolled in a four-year program.
Manufacturers and vendors that sell groceries or provide services to commissaries fund the Scholarships for Military Children program, which has awarded more than $18.1 million and over $10,000 scholarships to deserving children of military families since 2001. At lease one $2,000.00 scholarship is awarded at every commissary location with a qualified applicant.
Application period for 2019 is open from December 14th, 2018 and applications must be submitted online by February 15th, 2019. CLICK FOR WEBSITE
FLAVORFUL FUTURES SCHOLARSHIP
The Sparkling Ice Flavorful Futures scholarship will award five scholarships of $5,000.00 that celebrate students individuality, creativity, and communication of future goals.
* Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident of the United States.
* Must be high school senior graduating between August 1st, 2018 and July 31st, 2019.
* Must have a cumulative high school grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.5 on a 4-point scale (high school/hoe school seniors).
Girls on the Run New Hampshire announces that applications are now being accepted for our Fifth Annual College Scholarship Award for a 2019 graduating high school senior with the following requirements:
* Must be a Girls on the Run NH Alumni (program participant OR junior coach)
* Must be college bound.
* Please include when, where and what season (s) you participated in GOTR.
* Please include email address, mailing address, and contact phone number.
* Correct grammar and syntax are par of the evaluation criteria.
Please submit a 500-700 word essay on the following topic:
How did you apply a lesson from Girls on the Run later in high school?
Essays must be emailed to Jen Hubbell, Executive Director, at Jen Hubbell, by April 20th, 2019 for the June 2019 Award.
2019 LOCKHEED MARTING STEM SCHOLARSHIP
Lockheed Martin is awarding 200 renewable scholarships of $10,000.00. Awards are open to individuals studying eligible engineering or computer science majors, who demonstrate financial need and come from underrepresented or underserved communities.
* Be a U.S. Citizen
* Be high school seniors with a minimum GPA of 3.5, or college freshmen or sophomores with a a minimum GPA of 3.0
* Plan to enroll in ful-time undergraduate study at an accredited four-year college or university in the United States for the upcoming academic year.
* Be majoring or planning to major in one of many specified eligible STEM programs
* Demonstrate financial need
* Be willing to consider a paid intership with Lockheed Martin follwoing their freshman, sophomore or junior year of college (note: the intership is not required to receive a scholarship)