Welcome to Souhegan High School“All human beings are born with unique gifts. The healthy functioning of our community depends on its capacity to develop each gift.” Peter Senge ‘The Learning School’
Dear Website Visitors:
Since its inception, Souhegan High School has taken Senge’s contemplation to heart. We are as unique and different as each student who enters the doors and we take our obligation seriously. Our guiding documents place the individual at the center of our school and significant programs provide the foundation and encouragement for success. Included among our more unique initiatives are the following:
- Heterogeneous grouping and a commitment to inclusion
- Teacher/student teams at grades 9 and 10
- Extensive interdisciplinary planning and instruction
- Democratic culture where students and staff have a voice in decisions
- Advisory groups that meet for twenty-five minutes daily
Each day we work to build an academic and social culture that is founded on respect, trust, and responsibility and prepares young adults from Mont Vernon and Amherst for their lives beyond Souhegan High School. We have a talented and caring faculty and staff who work tirelessly in their efforts to help each individual cultivate his/her unique gifts.
Thank you for visiting our website and welcome to our school.