Welcome to Amherst Middle School(AMS enrolls students in grades 5-8)(Amherst residents only in grades 5 & 6; Amherst and Mont Vernon residents in grades 7 & 8)
We wish to take this opportunity to welcome you and your child to the Amherst Middle School. Our staff is committed to providing the best environment for your child’s academic, social, and emotional growth.
- If you plan on enrolling your child at AMS, please send us an email to let us know.
- Our email address is email@example.com. Please send us your child's name, grade he or she will be entering upon enrollment, approximate date of enrollment, and your Amherst/Mont Vernon address and phone number. It is also helpful to have the name of the previous school enrolled in order to request records.
- To enroll, parents will use an online enrollment process:
- For 20-21 enrollments, the updated link will be available later this spring/early summer as we are transitioning to a new student information system for next year. The link will be posted as soon as it is available.
Additionally, we ask for a copy of the enrolling student's birth certificate, a copy of their immunization record and recent physical exam. We also request that parents provide photo identification to register students.
The Certificate of Address form (below) will need to be printed, completed and must be signed by the Amherst or Mont Vernon Town Clerk.
New Student Orientation Day: TBD, August 2020
Orientation Day is an opportunity for new students and parents to get acquainted, see their new school, and find classrooms. It gives us the opportunity to personally greet new students, collect paperwork, distribute information, and do math placement testing (grades 7 and 8 only). Staff from administration, counseling, and nursing will be available to answer questions.
- 8:00-8:30 AM: Check in/Main Lobby
- 8:30-9:15 AM: Student/Counselor Led Tours, Q & A
- 9:30-11:00 AM: Math placement testing (grades 7 and 8 only)
Supply Lists for 2019-20